Labels

Sunday, January 6, 2013

First post of 2013

So here we are in 2013. Holiday time is well and truly over at Brand DNA and it's back to work with a vengeance today.

During the break I intended to put together a little Top 10 ads of 2012 list but I found that a lot of the ads on my list were from overseas.

That list was tossed into the bin and I set about a whole new list based on the best ads I had seen on Australian TV last year.

Ads that appeared during the shows I watched.

Turns out my list wasn't a list at all. It was a rant.

A rant about how our Australian TV networks ruin programs with way too many ads.

So many ads in fact that I rarely watch TV as it is broadcast. Preferring instead to start recording a show then start watching it 10 to minutes after it began.

This way I can jump through the seemingly endless ad breaks.

I suspect I'm not the only person who does this. And I wonder what the TV networks are going to do about it.

That's if they do anything about it.

Personally I think it's up to the media agencies like Mindshare, Mediacom and co to take a stand and generate some real value for their clients by demanding the TV networks rethink their approach to selling ad space.

Because as far as I can see that ad space is annoying the shit out of viewers at the moment.

And I have it on very good authority that most of those viewers are more than happy to resort to bit-torrent to avoid the advertising overload in their favourite new shows.
Title: First post of 2013
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Written By Unknown

Thanks for for your willingness to visiting its a Buddy reading this article. Suggestion and Feedback you can just to say in with the Comments box the following.

No comments:

Post a Comment